Kentucky Adult Mission Trip
July 25th – 29th 2023
For more information please contact the Church Office at (321) 799-4340 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Base Camp Location:
- First Baptist Church of Barbourville 201 N Main Street Barbourville, KY 40906 – Phone: (606) 546-3636
- Online at www.fbcbarbourville.com and Facebook at www.facebook.com/firstbcbarbourville
- Approximately 768 miles from Cocoa Beach, a 12-hour drive. We recommend you plan on two days of driving (leave Monday & arrive Tuesday)
- Helping to seal the Still Waters Youth Ranch of Appalachia’s house and deck as well as install fences. SWYR plans to offer 5 homes on 125 acres to children who have been orphaned by the drug epidemic. Additional work could be included and will then be determined closer to the trip date(s).
- The First Baptist Church provides free lodging in a gymnasium that has separate showers & restrooms for men and women.
- Multiple rooms permit men, women, and couples to sleep in separate rooms – bring your own air mattress or cot, bedding, towels, toiletries and earplugs (WIFI is available).
- A church washing machine & dryer are available. Local stores are close if you forget something.
- Club Zion will furnish all food, drink & snacks beginning with dinner on Tuesday through breakfast on Friday – a total of 11 meals.
- If you have a MAJOR food allergy, please advise the office and the Hospitality Ministry Leader, Melony Kelly, and we will do our best to accommodate you, but it is not always possible.
- Please make all checks of $150 payable to “Club Zion Community Church”
- The mission trip fee pays for all food, snacks, drinks, supplies, misc. trip expenses, and for some of the expense of materials used in renovation
- Any mission fees or donations inexcess of actual mission trip costs will be used to support Club ZionCommunity Church ministries and activities
Other Mission Costs:
- Travel costs to the site: gas, food and lodging to Barbourville and returning home is the responsibility of each missionary
- Car-pooling is strongly encouraged to minimize out-of-pocket expenses
** Mission trip costs including travel are generally tax deductible provided you itemize deductions and your primary trip activity is mission work – please check with your personal tax advisor **
MISSION TRIP RULES
- No cursing
- Appropriate dress at all times
- No leaving the building after lights out
- No smoking anything during the mission trip
- No drinking alcohol at any time during the mission trip
- All mission trip plans and activities are subject to change
- Attend morning devotions & evening devotions when held
- Do not leave the worksite unannounced – stay with the group
Club Zion Community Church Previous Mission Trips.